Thursday 31 March 2016

BRAND FOCUS: Natralus Paw Paw for baby [REVIEW]

At our Bloggers United AU event in Adelaide I was lucky enough to come across the brand Natralus who were there on the day to present to us attendees, Natralus was high on my list even though helping to organise the day and ensure it ran smoothly I wanted to make sure that Natralus was a session that I sat in on.

Natralus is a brand that has been around for a very long time; a natural, Australian owned, family run and originated over in South Australia. I recall trying their paw paw ointment a few years back for relief of my chapped lips and for using it on my cracked nipples whilst breastfeeding with little Niah. 


I was gifted their new Paw Paw for baby range so I could try with my little babe as unfortunately I do think I have passed on my sensitive skin condition onto her, which is something I didn't want at all. 
Having bath bombs, bubble baths and such are something kids love but unfortunate for Niah we have had to pull back on them due to Niah reacting to nearly all the bath products we have currently been using. Niah would come out with rash patches on her body and going onto her face. 
Niah's face would get these red dots that would then turn into dry spots from reacting to products and we would then be in a 'detox' stage of caring for her skin for a few days afterwards to get it back good. 

Having such sensitive skin my whole life I find it hard to test new products so I am very cautious when it comes to using products on Niah as well. I looked at all the ingredients used to make the Natralus Paw Paw range and couldn't find anything that I thought might set either myself or Niah off so we gave them a test out. 

There are six (6) products in the range but five were gifted in my little hamper in which I will detail my thoughts below:


Shampoo & Body Wash

The perfect light and sweetly scented shampoo for your little ones hair. 
Highly fragranced shampoos seem to be a trigger for sensitive skin so I have found on both myself and Niah, Natralus' Paw Paw Shampoo & Body Wash is one that is really gentle. 
The pump bottle makes it super easy to use whilst helping to wash your little one or just as easy for the little ones to be able to use to wash themselves. A big positive to the independent toddlers who always say 'I do' now and want to be doing things themselves with minimal help.


Relaxing Massage Oil.

Oils generally aren't something I like using as I hate the greasy aftermath residue that lingers behind after you try to rub it into your skin. The Relaxing Massage Oil seeps quickly into the skin without leaving much behind, it quickly absorbs into the skin and for us has a slight chocolate scent to it - even though there is nothing to suggest you may smell that, it's definitely got the scent there.  The skin is left feeling very rejuvienated and soft. 


Soothing Repair Balm.

Paw Paw balm's are fantastic multitasking products that can be used on many things. 
It's that one product you always want to have in the handbag, nappy bag and gym bag. 
Paw Paw Balm is great for using on the dry patches of skin that sensitive skin may get, using on bites and itchy spots, cracked nipples, nappy rash etc. 
I did find this balm to be a little hard to get out of the container as the coconut oil hardened up and made it need a great push to come out the squeezing hole. 
A bit of slight grease is left behind after application use but nothing to extreme. 


Nourishing Skin Lotion. 

Something super important that everyone needs to ensure they do for their children is to care for their  skin as well. When us Mum's, even as we grow up into young ladies we have so many skincare products to be able to look after our skin, so it's important we try to look after our kids skin as well. 
Children see the sun and expose their skin to so many things that damage their skin so giving them some cream to join into your night time routine or giving them a massage to help rejuvenate and re-moisturise their skin. 


Bubble Bath.

The best for last. We dove straight into the bubble bath first to use this. 
Bubbles seem to disappear into the water and the bath will be left bubble-less after about 10 mins of it being in the water. The bubble bath is soap and sulphate free which is a win for both of us being that I can actually put my hands in to get the bubbles moving around and test the water without my hands instantly being itchy. 

For us, we are really happy with Natralus Paw Paw range and we will definitely be keeping this one in for regular top ups on the shopping list. 
You will find Natralus in Woolworths, Coles, IGA and many chemists. A list of where to buy from can be found here. 


Disclosure: This post has been made in collaboration with Natralus, I was gifted the range as above mentioned with no expectation for its promotion here. I received no payment for this review and all opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.

1 comment:

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger