Friday 5 December 2014

Voice of 2014 Kidspot Gala Awards Night


Last Saturday night was a complete new experience once again for me. I was invited along to the Kidspot - Voices of 2014 Gala Awards Night. This was so exciting to see when an invite came across my inbox, I have never worked with Kidspot before and never attended an event of theirs so I was over the moon and really felt that my blog had purpose and was making it up there.

Voices of 2014 was held at Sketch along Harbour Esplanade in the Docklands of Melbourne. The very last building before it hits the water, so we were presented with a gorgeous view when the curtains inside opened up - perfect photo opps!



A cocktail attire left all us bloggers having the night off and get glammed up which I would like to pay credit to my a few wonderful brands/businesses/people who helped me come together from my normal everyday look.


 City Chic for the Sequin Sister Dress , Big W for the Gold and Black Stiletto heels, Guess for my mini purse, Theodoras Beauty Boutique for my eyelash extensions, Brooke's Hair Design for colouring my hair, Chanelkxo Beauty MUA who styled my hair and did my make - up.

I actually got my arms out and didn't cover them up like I normally do. As you will have seen on my blog and social media I am leading a healthy lifestyle now trying to get to a goal weight that I had before pregnancy.
I am a person who has always hid the parts that I don't like in my body, I still am but I felt comfortable enough in my own skin on that night to allow my tuck shop lady arms to come out for the night. My body isn't the way I want it still but I have put in a lot of work and achieved quite a bit in my change so I thought why not, I'll show what I've done so far.


Ford Australia were their on the night with Terri the Talking Ford Territory which I fell inlove with, a little creepy yes and a bit of a ladies sweet talker but the caramel leather seats inside were gorgeous! I am a territory lover. I've had my Territory for over 4 years now I believe and I don't see myself having any other car but a Territory. I am due to upgrade so it's very much a pity that Terri couldn't come home with me. A Territory honestly was my dream car, ever since they were released I have said yep I want a territory and the day that I finally made that happen was one of my fondest memories in life.



Olympus was another brand in attendance of the Awards Night and were snapping up lots of shots of the bloggers and +1s. On arrival we had a little plastic camera popped into a bowl and we would then pick out another camera in the bowl and need to find them for a snap in the Olympus photo booth - a great way to interact with other bloggers and meet someone new. This concept was very much like the game of placing your keys in the bowl and go home with the persons keys you picked out at the end of the night at a party - not that I have done this personally but my Mum loves to tell me about these stories from her younger days.
Although I didn't find my blogger and my blogger who selected me didn't find me, too much going on I say that I forgot.


Garnier were also present and two lucky attendees won door prizes of a hamper valued at over $100.
My plus 1 ended up being called out to win and it's a girls night date we have thanks to Garnier.

I look forward to getting to know Kidspot some more and hopefully in the future I will get my name into the Awards and win.
A big congrats to Boy Eats World and Checks And Spots who took out the big titles for the night. Your blogs are inspirational and seeing how much they meant to you whilst you made your speeches shows that you were most deserving of these awards.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger