Thursday 18 July 2013

Slava's Snowshow Review


Slava's Snowshow is something like I had never seen before, I have never been to a performance where they don't talk... well in proper english any ways, I have no idea what you would call it when the characters did speak - clown talk?? clown jibberish?
The show really makes you use your imagination and you can create your own kind of story to their acts. My partner said he didn't really connect to the show and he would rather have a story put their for him, he kind of felt a bit lost in it - where as I felt connected to the show in most parts.
I can't tell you a story line or what it was really apart from watching the show as it has several different segments but they sure do keep your eyes glued to the stage.



I really loved how they interact with the audience by coming off the stage and having props to go through the audience. I didn't see much interaction happen for the audience that were in the far back or corners of the theatre which I thought was disappointing as its such an experience. It really shows that you need to get in early and buy those good close front seats.

I don't recommend this show for children under the age of say 12, I don’t think they’ll understand it. We had children behind us who looked in the ages of 4-7 and kept hearing them say: 'Is this meant to be funny?' 'What are they doing?'
In from of us however was a row of elders and it was just something I loved seeing - was them enjoying themselves and having a night out. I think they were in awhhs and spurts of laughter as much as I was.


Following his sensational performance as part of Cirque du Soleil’s Alegria, Slava went on to create his own SLAVA’S SNOWSHOW which has become a multi award-winning international sensation, delighting and thrilling audiences in more than 80 cities around the world, from London’s West End to Sydney and from New York to Moscow.
The show brilliantly creates a world of wonderment and fantasy that transports the audience to a joyous dream-like place, where a bed becomes a boat in a storm-tossed sea; a woman is wrapped in cellophane and becomes flowers in a vase; a child walks in amazement inside a bubble; SLAVA boards a train and then becomes the train, his chimney-pot hat billowing smoke; and a web of unspun cotton envelopes the audience. The stunning finale sees a letter turn into snowflakes, and the flakes turn into a snowstorm, which whirls around the auditorium, leaving the audience ankle-deep in snow.



We had one of the actors come right up on the chairs in front of us and focused on the elders which I thought was fantastic and would be the cherry on top for them - the actor (mushroom looking hat men) had an umbrella in his hand and opened it up to release a pile of snow onto the elders and then their was also a bottle of water sat upside down on the top which had me laughing so hard as it just poured across the audience, one poor lady coped nearly a 600ml bottle load on her! (Writing this actually has me smiling and giggling inside at the lady.)

The finale for me was the best - although I do advise cover those noses and try not to inhale all those petrol fumes, it left me coughing for a while - but it was well worth it!!! 

I made sure I collected some 'snow' and stashed it in my handbag to take home as a memory as you can see in the photos below.


Today I had the background music in my head all day, even had a youtube clip playing just to revisit the music and memory of last night. It has left quite an imprint on me Slava's Snowshow. 
I wish there was a soundtrack or movie/dvd to this show as I really did enjoy it overall.
I definitely recommend you get your tickets before the show leaves Melbourne - last performance on 28th of July.
 
To get your tickets for Slava's Snowshow visit:
For Further show information visit: www.slavasnowshow.com




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger