Wednesday 13 March 2013

Unico - Hair Salon & Products

Last night I was at the honour of Sofia Basile's Unico Salon Relaunch in Degraves Street, Melbourne for her revamped salon. 

Sofia Basile's story about her salon is absolutely amazing and to have her speak with tears about her salon show's that this is really a passion of hers. 
Sophia started Unico over 23 years ago having Degraves Street, Melbourne as her first baby. Sofia stated that she was walking down Degraves Street and just felt something that made her say to herself 'I am going to start my first salon here' and that she did. At the time Sofia said the street was known to be a seedy place but not at all did I see that so it show's that time changes. This little lane way strip were Unico is located is within a kick backed environment that has a gorgeous set up of little cafes and other businesses surrounding. 
Kate Challis was the interior designer for Unico and did a wonderful job of the revamp stating it was a Grit & Glamour look they wanted to go for.
I wasn't able to take any shots myself but have taken a before shot from Kate Challis' page below... 
BEFORE....                                          


Here are some after shots of the revamped Unico credit to Derek Swalwell that give you a up close and personal look to the salon if you can't make it in their yourself...




Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a snapshot of Sofia on the night as my phone battery died before I got to the salon - On relaunch night Sofia wore this gorgeous backless dress and looked absolutely stunning - here is a shot below of the lovely Sofia I was given.
Sofia Basile is the owner of 3 salons which can be found at these addresses:

32 Degraves Street           205-307 Lt. Collins Street                191 Brunswick Street
   Melbourne                               Melbourne                                        Fitzroy

Sofia has extended beyond just having a salon she has released her own brand of hair products under Unico. 

We were lucky enough to receive a little goodie bag at the end which gifted us with a voucher for a blow wave & treatment as well as a bottle of Unico Leave - In Spray - On Conditioner.



This product smells devine!!! As soon as I smelt the product I knew it was going to become something that was going to be used very quickly. I actually smelt the product on a staff member yesterday - pregnant sensitive nose anyone?? It was good to see the staff use the products also. 
Unfortunately I haven't been able to review this product yet but watch my blog to catch the review when I give it a trial.



Here is a little information on the product that we were kindly gifted with taken from the Unico website:
'The ultimate de-tangler!  Leave-in conditioning spray on product rich UV filters and ideal for harsh sun climates. Its repairing qualities minimise colour fade and excessive damage from the suns UV rays.  This is the ideal product for families and anyone wanting to avoid quintessential 'beach hair'.

Also contains apricot and protein to strengthen hair, and rebuild the hair shaft that has been damaged through mechanical/tool use.'


Unico products are 100% Australian Made & Owned, Ecofriendly, Free from nasties & No animal testing. What could she possibly have missed? I think all has been covered here!!

Something that I just have to share with you that I found amazing is that Unico have a recycle & refill program in place - take your empty bottle in and get 10% of the product to refill your empty bottle!!


-

To read more about the fantastic products Unico have to offer check their website:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger